Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where is my thumb drive, Canon?

A few months ago I bought a Canon printer at the COMDDAP exhibit at SM City, Cebu. It was supposed to come with a freebie: a 4 gig thumbdrive.

Following instructions in their exhibit flyers, I e-mailed a scanned copy of my purchase documents to the Canon distributor in Manila. But in return, I got an automated reply asking me to send the serial number of my printer. When I did, I got another automated reply.

The Canon Philippines website has an online inquiry but when I did I also got another automated reply.

My e-mail to the Canon Singapore regional office bounced saying the addressee was not in the Lotus Domino directory.

Now, a 4gig thumbdrive is but a measly P500 or so at any CDRKing stores. But it is the duplicity of the Canon distributor - Dentsuindio - that irked me.

Update: The thumbdrive did finally arrive last week. But I think the exhibitor should have had on stock enough thumbdrives or whatever freebie they advertised. They spent more than the cost of the piece in sending the thing first to the wrong address and then sending it finally to me. 

The COMDDAP contact person was quick to answer my complaint. More power COMDDAP guys!

All's well, that ends well!