Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Peace in Mindanao, finally?

About four years ago I blogged about the Mindanao conflict. I am not sure now what events in Mindanao happened at around that time that caused me to write that blog. In fact I only called it a draft and hoped I had the time to finish it.

Right now my thoughts about Mindanao is about the recently-signed GPH-MILF Framework Agreement.

Could this mean I might be able in my lifetime to bring my children to Dimataling and show them the place where I spent my childhood?

Altho I am a non-believer, but for lasting peace in Mindanao; for the blood of my father, uncles, and cousins who died violently as a result of the decade-long conflict; for my Muslim and non-Muslim friends and their families who have suffered more than enough already; I am almost about to shout Alahu Akbar!